Movable Type 5.0 RC1 is available today. Here are the highlights…
Pico, a clean and simple theme (also available on TypePad and designed by Jim Ramsey) is now bundled with MT5.
Styles can also be bundled with a theme to easily offer different flavors of a theme. (Styles are a combination of a stylesheet and images to bundle with a theme.)
MT5 documentation is beginning to appear online. We’re releasing them as they are available:
Some documents are still in a draft state. Please leave any comments on the individual docs if you have questions or comments.
Warning! - This is beta software and is not recommended in any production environment.
- Movable Type 5.0 Pro Betas (available in English and Japanese)
Check out the Pre-Release Software License Agreement for more details about using the software.
Please report bugs and submit feature requests you find.
The release schedule has been updated, here’s the current plan:
- MT5.0 RC2 - scheduled for November 18th.
- MT5.0 - first week of December (November 26th in Japan) should all go according to plan.
- Add a new theme “Pico”. (102886)
- Bundle style repository with a theme. (102834)
- Config directive
SQLSetNamesshould be specified as
mt-config.cgiwhen upgrading from older versions with MySQL 5.x and UTF-8
- Tip: When including templates inside a loop which is using multi-blog to aggregate content, blog_id should be specified with include tag to ensure proper template is included unless the template to include exists in each blog/site being aggregated.
TechnoratiPingURLare now obsolute. (102913)
DefaultSiteRootare obsoleted. (102867)
- “Button” property of
DefaultListPrefsis obsolete .(102899)
- FastCGI: Save change of profile displays Internal Server Error (102752)
- FastCGI: Internal server error when uploading a userpic (102728)
- When Backup/Restore all or website, manifest file cannot start restore. (102960)
- Backup/Restore drop the Following/Follower data (102956)
- CF: Backup/Restore customfields of Image object (102946)
- Backup/Restore: Association of assets CF of Category is wrong (102942)
- CF: Backup/Restore customfields of Blog/Website object (102938)
- Assets named in Japanese have garbage file name when backup (102920)
- [Restore] Website custom field is not restorable (102817)
- Restoring set wrong userpic (103000)
- manifest file : cannot upload (102982)
- [restore] folder/category custom field is not restored (102964)
- Website: Restored Facebook Commentes setting (102955)
- Restored data can get wrong Multiblog settings (102939)
- Index templates are not published after upgrade from MT 3.21 (102861)
- Upgrade remove all system templates of the blog whose template set is not Classic Blog (102818)
- Problems after upgrading a blog whose site/archive URL is ‘foo.com’ (102969)
- Error when publishing templates after upgrading from 3.21 (102814)
- Professional Website template doesn’t display Comment and Trackbacks (102829)
- Unable to display Professional Website template with Dynamic Publishing (102820)
- Warning messages are always shown when applying a theme that contains a custom fields (102934)
- No warning messages show up when theme cannot add a custom fields (102865)
- Item customfield tag is escaped in community template (102811)
- mt:WebsiteIfCommentsOpen doesn’t work in dynamic publishing (102987)
- mt:Websites with exclude_websites doesn’t work (static/dynamic) (102986)
- Template refresh doesn’t respect blog language. (102912)
- View Published Template link doesn’t work when Output file include directory (102870)
- IE: Comment Pagination doesn’t work (102911)
- Comment Pagination doesn’t work on Community Blog template (102897)
- Pagination of Main Index (102858)
- Dynamic: Publish mt.js by dynamic generate error (102895)
- Fixing issue on Ajax pagination. (102924)
- mt:Include doesn’t work in some situations (102910)
- mt:Blogs doesn’t work in dynamic publishing (102836)
- Professional blog doesn’t work on dynamic (102831)
- Professional Website: Comment form is blank on Comment Preview (102824)
- Unable to upload an asset to some kinds of servers (102881)
- Permission link of Edit Profile goes to Permissions screen for sign-ined user (102931)
- Create personal blog for user feature generate wrong Publishing Paths (102878)
- IE8: Copy & Paste issues in the template editor (102871)
- Garbage Comments on Blog Stats (102959)
- Website: Automatic Deletion of spam doesn’t work for website (102918)
- Some database driver does not search ” (double quotation mark) in public mt-search (102868)
- [import] When the text form is Markdown and Markdown + SmartyPants, the error is displayed (102851)
- Unable to import file encoding by EUC (102850)
- Import is slowly (102781)
- Unable to create a blog in German (102846)
- Comment Order setting on CMS is ignored expect Community Forum template (102816)
- Blog name on user dasubhaord is double encorded (102801)
- Thumbnail URL is a relative path (102780)
These will not be fixed on MT 5.0, under consideration for fixing in a future version. (If one of these is crucial to you, please add a note in the case.)
- Pagination doesn’t work on original archive template (102859)
DefaultEntryPrefsconfig directive doesn’t work (102900)
- Known issues of Template Editor (codemirror) (102988)
- Internet Explorer: copy and pasted code will be placed at the end of the line if code is pasted before the syntax highlight.
- Firefox: sometimes cursor remains on current line when pressing enter key.
- IE6: Security alerts is displayed when modal dialog opens under SSL URL (102654)
- Feeds.App Lite is garbled (102189)
- FastCGI: Unable to Backup/Restore customfields and assets (102971)
- FastCGI: Infinite loop? in mt-upgrade.cgi (102893)