This release is the most up to date version of Movable Type 5.2, originally released in September. This release features 2 previously unreleased functions.
For more information on bug fixes, please refer to the following release notes:
The boilerplate text function lets users register often repeated text, such as for event announcements, which can then be recalled and inserted in blog entries. Boilerplate can be pre-formatted using Markdown or the Rich Text Editor.
For more information on using the boilerplate function, please refer to the manual below:
The new blog theme, "Rainier" is now available for use with Movable Type.
"Rainier" is a multi-device compatible theme based on Media Queries (CSS). "Rainier" offers header banner and navigation customization options.
- Ability to evaluate the user's access method and automatically changes site design to best match the user's environment
- Customizable thumbnail image used when sharing your website on Facebook or other social media related sites
- Blog entry summary list pagination (divided into 10 entries per page)
- Bread crumb navigation
- Ability to preview blog posts before posting, as well as easily edit their appearance
- Multi-device compatibility via Media Queries for Classic Blog designs (such as the Cityscape series and the Minimalist series)
For more information on using "Rainier", please refer to the manual below: