Moving a Blog To A Different Website
Move a blog, including all of its entries and categories, to a different website. Please note that you must have a system administrator permission to move a blog.
- Select [Website] under the Navigation
- Select [Blogs] > [Manage] in the Side Menu
- Choose the blog you'd like to move.
- In the "Action" pulldown menu, choose "Move Blog(s)" and click the "Go" button.
- Choose the website you'd like to move the blog to from the list, and click the "Confirm" button.
- The blog will be moved to the new website.
Warning: Images and other files that had been uploaded to the blog will NOT be automatically moved to the new website. As a result, after you've moved your blog, thumbnails will not appear in the asset listing screen. But the images and files those were posted in entries (with links) will be displayed correctly. This is because the URLs for these images are directly written in the blog entry.
To display thumbnails on the asset admin screen, you must manually copy uploaded files to the new website's path. And you can avoid broken links by leaving the old path's files in place.