Movable Type 4.26 Release Notes
Below are the highlighted fixes from Movable Type 4.26
- The method for parsing the categories within an mt:Entries tag has been fixed to allow categories with whitespace in the name and a logical operator, such as AND, OR, or NOT
- Fixes to a bug where the comment response did not return users to the entry
- Eliminated non-scaling queries from CMS: in-CMS search, clearing of expired sessions, system-wide commenter counts
- Low-level changes that should improve performance across the board: metadata saving, unnecessary reloading of config under FastCGI
- Fixes to the Backup/Restore functionality
- Database index changes to improve query speed
- Patches issue with blog search not searching all blogs if IncludeBlogs, ExcludeBlogs, and blog_id parameters are omitted
- Adds new, optional config directives for greater control over RPT when processing large queues or long-running jobs
- Security fix for mt-wizard.cgi
The full svn changelog can be found at the following address: http://icanhaz.com/426changelog
1. Dynamic Publishing and MySQL may garble characters outside of ASCII
Symptom: Dynamically published pages shows garbled characters.
Audience: Cleanly installed MT 4.26 on MySQL 4.1+, Database created using the charset other than latin1.
Workaround: Write SQLSetNames 1 in mt-config.cgi
Note: Upgrades will NOT be affected. Clean new install will be.
2. Category filtering with logical operators does not work in dynamic publishing
Symptom: container using logical operators (e.g. AND, OR) do not filter entries properly
Audience: Dynamically published sites